The Art of Disruptive Engagement
- Year: 2013
- Website: http://www.digitallyengagedlearning.net/2013
The 8th annual Designs on eLearning conference was held on the 11th, 12th and 13th of September 2013 at Wilmington, North Carolina, U.S.A. It was hosted by the University of North Carolina at Wilmington’s Center for Teaching Excellence in partnership with Penn State University and the University of the Arts London. The conference theme was titled 'The Art of Disruptive Engagement' and focused on one of the major challenges of 21st century higher education: determining the optimal uses of emerging technologies for student engagement.
Threads for the sessions included:
- exploring open environments
- grappling with the full spectrum of digital literacies in the classroom
- shifting roles of teachers
- accessing and assessing the value of emerging technologies for the classroom
- clarifying intellectual property issues
- shifting power dynamics in the academy
As digital technologies continue to evolve and transform the pedagogic landscape, we face exciting and innovative possibilities for the future of education. The Designs on e-Learning (DeL) conference leads, fosters and illuminates innovative practices, in teaching and learning with technology in art, design and communication. The 2013 DeL conference will explore the impact of these shifts on our teaching practices, and question how we can maximize their potential for improving student learning. This is an opportunity to collectively generate ideas, tackle problems, and share best practices. The format of the conference will vary, incorporating panel discussions, presentations and keynote speakers.