Presenters at DEL are invited to submit papers to Spark, UAL’s open-access online journal for university teachers, researchers and students, exploring all aspects of teaching and learning in arts, design and communication.
Spark is usually for UAL staff only, but here is an opportunity for presenters at DEL to be published in an edition of Spark which will come out in early 2018. The submission deadline is Friday 29 September. All submissions will be peer reviewed, and it is not guaranteed that submissions from DEL presenters will be accepted.
The journal is a creative space for the UAL community to:
- share examples of excellent and/or innovative teaching and learning from across the range of disciplines and colleges at UAL;
- report the outcomes of evaluation or action research projects undertaken as part of the Masters in Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication or university funded projects;
- engage in debate and dialogues about key issues of theory and practice in creative arts teaching and learning.
There are a number of formats you can submit:
- Research Papers
- Research papers (2000−5000 words or equivalent).
- Case Studies
- Case studies describing pedagogical methods, experiments and outcomes (1000-2000 words or equivalent).
- Student Contribution
- Student or student/staff co-authored responses to the themes (1000−2000 words or equivalent).
- Provocation Piece
- Review of an article, book, event or exhibition that explores creative practice pedagogy (1000-2000 words or equivalent).
How to submit
You can check out the current edition of Spark, with an editorial from David White on the Spark website.